Study in USA/UK

Overview of USA

U.S.A. is a land of cultural and geographical diversities. It is a society that is still absorbing immigrants, making it a very dynamic place to live and study. Studying in US will be a great experience as you will be able to share your knowledge with best brains and interact with communities from different sections of the society within campus. Your long-term career prospects will be enhanced and the experience will develop self-confidence, independence, and cross-cultural skills, which are sought after by employees world-wide.

Visa Information Of USA

F-1 Student Visa

The F-1 visa is for full-time students enrolled in an academic or language program. F-1 students may stay in the US for the full length of their academic program plus 60 days. F-1 students must maintain a full-time course load and complete their studies by the expiration date listed on the I-20 form.

Visa for Short Courses

If you want to study a single course, that is less that 3 months long, you do not need a student visa. However you will need to apply for a visitor visa. If you want to study two or more short courses of study or training (whether at the same time, or one after the other), you need a student visa or permit.

J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa

The J-1 visa is issued for students needing practical training that is not available in their home country to complete their academic program. The training must be directly related to the academic program. The J-1 visa obligates the student to return to their home country for a minimum of two years after the end of their studies in the US before being eligible to apply for an immigrant (permanent residence) visa.

Overview of UK

UK has been a traditional powerhouse of education with University Education existent from 18th century. English originates from the UK and the education system of the whole world has been highly influenced by the UK system. Students from more than 100 nationalities study at any given time in the UK, with the numbers being 435240 in the year 2011-12. Various cultures, languages, religions, nationalities coexist in the UK. Universities located across the country over a Diaspora of cities, towns and clean country side is spectacular. There are opportunities for virtually every professions in the country and that`s the reason of prosperity of everybody working in the UK.

Visa Information Of UK

Any person, who is not a British Citizen or a citizen of one the European Economic Area (EEA) countries, needs an entry clearance before he travels to the UK. To apply for a visa to the UK, applicants need to submit their visa application to the Visa Facilitation Services (VFS) Centre nearest to them.

VFS staff accepts the applications at each centre and all applications are then immediately forwarded to any one of the 4 visa offices of the British High Commission in India.

VFS are responsible only for accepting applications and providing advice and guidance where necessary. All visa applications are assessed by Visa Officers at the British High Commission.

Who can apply?

You can apply for an adult student visa if you are goming to the United Kingdom for your post-16 education. If you are 16 or 17 years old and want to study a course at National Qualification Framework level 3 or above, you can agree with your approved education provider either to apply as an adult or child. Those studying for an English language qualification at Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) Level A2 or above must apply as an adult student. There are different rules if you are extending your permission to stay in the United Kingdom as an adult student.

Course at an acceptable level

You can do courses that lead to an approved qualification and are:

  • approved at level 3 or above on the National Qualifications framework (NQF);approved at the same level in the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF).
  • approved at the same level by the Qualifications, Curriculum and Assessment Authority for Wales (ACCAC).
  • approved at the same level by the Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) in Northern Ireland; are short-term study abroad programmes in the United Kingdom as part of your qualification at an overseas higher education institution, as long as the qualification is confirmed as the same as a United Kingdom degree level by UK NARIC.
  • You can find contact details for UK NARIC on the right side of this page; or an English language course at a level A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. If you want to do another English language course after your first course, you will need to show a formal assessment of the English language level you got.