Overview of New Zealand
The New Zealand education system is highly regarded, internationally recognized and has high academic standards. New Zealand’s education system offers valuable opportunities for international students and interns looking for an academic and personal challenge.
Visa Information Of New Zealand
To receive a New Zealand Student Visa or Student Permit so you can study in New Zealand you must first meet New Zealand Immigration requirements for international students.
The course or courses you intend to undertake must also meet New Zealand Immigration requirements.
To get a Student Visa or Permit, you need to have an “Offer of Place” from a New Zealand education provider. The offer must include the following:
- The name of the course and the minimum time required for completing the course, and
- Whether you are studying full-time (20 hours a week or more) or part-time (less than 20 hours a week or enrolment in fewer than three papers, or equivalent, per semester).
- The amount of the fee for the complete course , or if the course is longer than one year, the annual fee.
- Whether you have to pay course fees and whether the course fees are New Zealand dollars or foreign fees.
- The course you are wanting a New Zealand Visa or Permit for must be approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority(NZQA).
Visa for Short Courses
If you want to study a single course, that is less that 3 months long, you do not need a student visa. However you will need to apply for a visitor visa. If you want to study two or more short courses of study or training (whether at the same time, or one after the other), you need a student visa or permit.
Visa for Courses of Longer Duration
If you want to study a course that is more than 3 months long you will need a student visa/permit. To get a student permit you need to have an offer of place from the university you have enrolled in.